Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My "not-so" Everyday Make-up Routine

Cheers! It's my first makeup tutorial post!
     Why "not-so"? Because as much as possible, I don't wear makeups. As a Nurse, my life is always in the fast lane. Wake up, take a bath, eat, dress-up, and go to work, that's my daily grind. But whenever I'm in day shift, where patients are awake and people see you, you need to be presentable, especially in the hospital where I work-- Asian Hospital and Medical Center. We always want to make sure that we provide holistic care, and that includes positively-fresh looking people. If you're a patient, you wouldn't want your nurse look sicker than you, right? Hahaha...

     Now, this is the routine makeup I always do whenever I have enough 5-10 minutes to spare before going anywhere.

 

 Let's get started!!!

1. BB Cream

  I L-O-V-E BB Cream!!! I always skip foundation and concealer everyday. I just use BB Cream of the Faceshop. It's like a one-stop shop acts like tinted moisturizer, it also helps in correcting and protecting your skin, it also conceals some unwanted spots and under-eye dark circles. Plus, I save almost 5 minutes just using this, rather than applying moisturizers, eye cream, foundation, concealer, etc.

     
     A short FYI about BB Cream: BB cream was originally formulated in the 1960s in Germany by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammek to protect her patients' skin after surgery.Introduced to South Korea and Japan in 1985 – where healthy-looking, porcelain skin is heavily prized – the cream was hailed as "the secret of Korean actresses," and was heavily endorsed by Korean celebrities.--Wikipedia

2. Eye Primer
      This Mac Paint pot is actually an eyeshadow, but this ochre color is a good eye primer, it gives your powder eyeshadow something to hold on to for the whole day. Just apply minimum amount of it on your top lid.



 3. Eye Liner

     I have a thin mobile lid, that's why I always make it to the point that I line thinly, make sure you don't leave any space on your lash line make it as close and as fill as possible, or else, it will just look very funny (trust me!)

  I used San San gel liner in black. Very cheap, but very good quality! I bought mine for only 79 pesos!

 4. Brow & Eye Pencil, Curler and Mascara
     
   With my brows, I just used clear mascara to set the brows in place, let it dry, then you can fill in it with Maybelline Crayonbrow in brown using feathery strokes.





On your lower waterline, apply this Nichido's Girl's Night out in Bronze Glow, from outer-most up to middle only. Curl your eyelashes, then apply mascara. I use Maybelline's Falsies Volume express, this makes my lashes thicker and longer,  really looks like you have nice falsies.



5. Eye Shadow
      
     Even just using your ring finger, apply a taupe or mute brown eyeshadow, on your upper eyelids, and use a thin brush, or a cotton applicator to apply some on your lower lash line. You can even use your bronzer for this purpose.

  
     Then, apply a creamy to pearly textured eyeshadow to the inner cantus of your eyes. You can still use your finger or cotton applicator. It will brighten up your eyes and will also help to give dimension on your eyes.

 


6. Bronzer and Blusher
      
     There's a wide variety of bronzers, chose depending on your skin complexion. The fairer you are, the ligher your bronzer should, and vice versa. I am SOOO in love with Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, it mixes well with wide range of skin color, plus, it mixes well with your skin! It's like Mr. Sun just kissed your skin lovingly! It produces nice shadow to contour your face and give dimension to it. I actually put some on the sides of my nose also to make an illusion of more contoured nose line! Seriously, who needs a nose job if we can contour??? =)


For some of you who will use bronzer for the first time, here how: Imagine a number 3 starting from you temples, under the apples of your cheek and ending on you jaw line. Then you can also apply some on your hair line. EASY! =)


With the same bronzer, apply it to the sides of your nose this way using your two ring finger.


      

     With my blush, just use an ordinary blush brush,  choose the color which should look like your cheeks after exercise. Smile and apply  blush to the apples of the cheeks. Make sure you blend downwards.


7. Lip color

     I am very fond of using lip liner, it gives more definition, and helps to make your lipstick last longer. But I don't use lipstick, I just apply Burt's bees lip balm, line and color my lips using Nichido's lip pencil in Rosette, apply Benefit's lip plump, pat it with tissue, and that's it. =)


My Nichido lip pencil is obviously abused. Hahaha!

 Lastly, I spray on some Evian facial spray to make sure my face would look natural and not cake-y. Pat on with your kabuki brush. 

VOILA!!!!





      I would like to take this opportunity to share to you this verse from Proverbs 31:30...

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

     Physical beauty is can be modified. But what really exudes the real beauty of a person is what's inside. I thank God for the beauty He created amongst us. I thank God for the uniqueness that He has given us. These only shows that He took a lot of time to create us one by one, very special and pleasing in His sight.

     Don't compare your beauty to other people. We are beautiful in our own and unique ways! Imagine the world where we are all look like one another... Not really a nice view, right? 



"You may look into your mirror and see flaws, but someone else looks at you, and only sees beauty."  -- Sue Bryce

Have a blessed makeup session everyone! Don't be afraid to explore!

Loves and blesssings,
 Jerose <3 




By the way, I'm sorry for the low quality pictures, I just used my iphone's front camera... Time will come, I will be able to share everything to you more vividly! And also, please like and support our page! Project: Style and Inspire!  =)

10 comments:

  1. :) nice .. i'll try this today.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tracy! God bless you! Always stay beautiful, inside and out! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for joining Blogs Ng Pinoy! Your blog has been posted! You can also vote for your favorite blogs! The Top 5 highest rated will be displayed in the BLOGS OF FAME and will be featured weekly in our Facebook page ;)

    For site news & updates, check facebook.com/blogsngpinoy

    Thank you,
    BNP
    blogsngpinoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, nainspire talaga ako sa blog mo ive read this twice and hopefully mapost ko na itong comment ko hehe... =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey! Always stay inspired!!! God bless you everyday!

      Delete
  4. Je congratulations on this! Parang I wanna buy na the MU products mentioned above. Haha. I love that you inspire more women. I will try this! Hehe. God bless on your blog, and our projects to come! I love you and you know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sissy! Let's keep on inspiring more people! Love love! :)

      Delete